Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Sunday

Well, it's Sunday which means tomorrow is Monday so that is the perfect excuse to make today an extremely relaxed-awesome breakfast-no lookin' at the clock-sort of day! I must say this weekend, the ladies of PLSB and friends really outdid themselves. We filled the weekend with food, laughter, music, dancing and late nights (details of a special Chanukah party to come!) and for the first time in a long while I actually feel rested enough to tackle the week ahead. The weather is not as frightfully cold as it has been the past couple of weeks (yes, I currently live in San Antonio...no, I do not like the cold) but it's still nice to snuggle up on the couch with a big blanket and some hot chocolate while watching a good movie. Here's my list of the top 5 Lazy Sunday movies-

5. Good Will Hunting (1997)
Set in Boston, it features an all-star cast, some before they made it "big". So clever and inspiring I never get tired of watching this movie.


4. Purple Violets (2007)
An Edward Burns creation, this film was actually released as an iTunes-only feature. Surprising to me because I feel like it would have really captured a big audience with a wider release. The story follows four 30-something New Yorkers and their struggles with love.


3. Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
No other film can make me relive and appreciate my travels in Barcelona as much! Beautiful cinematography, incredible soundtrack. Equally entertaining for those who have never visited Barcelona as it is if you just want to relax and reflect on your own travels through Spain.


2. Two Days in Paris(2007)
Surprisingly funny, this clever romantic comedy showcases the escapades of an American photographer and his french girlfriend in Paris. This film is perfect if you're looking for a quick trip to Paris and break from reality without all the effort travel requires!



1. Chocolat (2000)
Juliette Binoche, France, chocolate, Johnny Depp, Spanish guitar, romance. Need I say more? Watch it. Love it. End of discussion.



Europe and the Northeast, humor and transforming music...gets me every time!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Can I make a request? A list of the music you listen to when you cook. I enjoy everything I've stolen, I mean legally obtained, all of the music I've gotten so far. Remember that the downloading wasn't successful last time, so now I just need the name of the bands.