Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stuff lately

School has been hectic to say the least. Oddly enough I actually have less work to do...no lab work, not too many patients to chase after...it's just that the year is coming to an end and there are deadlines to be met. It's basically a big waiting game at this point full of anticipation and anxiety. In the meantime there has been lots of fun had outside of school. I went home last weekend and spent some quality time with family and friends I hadn't seen in a while. Went to this place called the boardroom in uptown Dallas on Friday night. Though the area has always been appealing to me I figured out that the uptown scene just isn't my thing. Judge me all you want, I'm kind of into the "trendy" hotspot thing but uptown is a bit too much to handle. Also, a few weeks ago some lady was beaten in the parking lot of Whole Foods and robbed. If you're not safe at Whole Foods then something is definitely wrong.


I spent most of Saturday with my cousins, laughing and gossiping about their highschool woes. We saw Dreamwork's How to Train Your Dragon. It is so good I highly recommend it for all ages. And even though it's a funny, feel good movie I still managed to shed a few tears. Shocking. When I dropped them off at home the piano was calling our names. My cousins are so good and since they weren't really old enough to remember when I used to play this was my debut performance in front of them and I managed to gain their full approval. Phew! I also stole some awesome music from them, including Chopin's Nocturne in C sharp minor and it's been keeping me very busy.


Last night I went to niosa-Night In Old San Antonio. Maybe it was just the good company but I had a great time. +1 San Antonio! I'm not sure how the tradition started but it was basically a huge square downtown divided into several regions including but not limited to a German section, French quarter, Irish area and last and definitely least, scariest, why does this section even exist?....Clown Alley. Sufficeth to say we avoided that part. There are tons of booths set up with food and drinks and crazy hats. It was really cool to see so many people in one area all just having a good time and getting along. Plus the weather was incredible which was an added bonus.


The Cadence Cloggers.


We have a 3 day weekend coming up that I'm really looking forward to. So far I'll be spending a day in Austin for a concert but no plans other than that. I leave you with this recipe which I conjured up last night, after some serious research of course. It's so easy and pretty tasty too!


3-4 super ripe bananas, mashed.

1 egg, room temp

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

3/4 granulated sugar

1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinammon

1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to somewhere between 325-350. Thats a little vague but it worked! Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Pour in a buttered loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes (depending on your oven). The top comes out with a nice bite to it and the inside is moist and delicious. No picture, just imagine the deliciousness in your mind. Hope you like it!

No comments: